Any electrician understands the importance of having EH rated work boots that will offer them protection against Electrical Hazards. Electricians face electrical hazards daily, and they spend many hours on their feet. Therefore, as an electrician, you should invest in the right work boots to handle your job comfortably throughout the day.
The following are some of the things you should look for in a work boot:
- Rating- Theexcellent work boot contains the EH rating mark. It means the boots are well insulated to protect you against any dangers in case you accidentally come into contact with open wires. Ensure that the electrician work boots have the rating mark before purchasing them.
- Steel Protective Toe- An EH rated work boot has a steel protective toe to protect your feet from heavy falling objects. Steel-toed boots seem dangerous when using them in an electrical environment. However, you will be safe when using them because non-conductive materials such as rubber surround the metal toe.
- Slip Resistance- When purchasing work boots, go for the ones that have a durable rubber outsole and those that are slip resistance to protect you from slip accidents when working.
- Comfortable and Breathable Upper- The rubber sole will offer half of the comfort that you need. Breathable leather upper with a padded lining will complete your comfort package. Ensure that the boots are comfortable because you will be using them for long hours.
Here are the top five best work boots for electricians that are perfect for any electrical work environment
1. Wolverine Men’s Tarmac Work Boot
Wolverine will never disappoint you if you are looking for boots that will suit your needs. All Wolverine work boots are well designed, and therefore they are perfect for any work environment, offering maximum protection to electricians. The new Wolverine Men’s Tarmac Work Boot is an ideal combination of safety and comfort. It has the following features:
- Safety composite toe, which offers resistance to electrical hazards and protects your feet from any damage that could be as a result of impact by falling objects.
- This work boot has membranes that prevent the entry of water. It means your feet will stay dry all day long regardless of the terrain of your workplace.
- Wolverine work boots have reflective stripe giving them high visibility. They are perfect for electricians who work at night.
- These boots have ultra-light midsole, which ensures the shoes are not heavy hence making the electrician comfortable when using them.
- Wolverine Tarmac boots have a cushioned footbed offering more comfort to any electrician.
2. Timberland Pro Boondock Boots
Timberland Pro Boondock Boots have the following features making them a perfect choice for electricians:
- They have a water-resistant membrane, which ensures that your feet remain dry all day long.
- They are insulated to keep your feet warm, especially if you are working in cold areas.
- Timberland Pro Boondock Boots have an anti-fatigue technology which helps in shock absorption. You can consider adding an extra insole for maximum comfort.
- These works boots have composite safety toes, and they meet ASTM standards meaning they will protect you from electrical hazards.
- Slip and grease resistant soles make these work boots safe for you. They will protect you from slip accidents.
3. Irish Setter Men’s 6” 83605 Work Boot
High-quality materials make up the Irish Setter Men’s 6” 83605 Work Boot making them a good fit for electricians. It has the following key features:
- These work boots have100% leather, which is waterproof, preventing water entry into the boots.
- The rubber soles are slip-resistant, meaning you are safe from fall accidents, and they can also withstand high temperatures.
- These work boots are durable because of the Goodyear Welt technique used in their construction.
- Irish Setter Men’s 6” 83605 Work Boots have extra padded collars that offer comfort throughout the day.
- They have a steel toe that ensures you don’t get hurt by falling objects.
- They fulfill the ASTM standards hence offering you protection from electrical hazards.
4. Skechers for Work Men’s Workshire Condor Work Boot
The classic design of Skechers for Work Men’s Workshire Condor Work Boot makes them ideal for an electrician. This work boot has these features:
- The outsole is resistant to both water and oil, and also offers protection against electric hazards.
- The boots are lightweight because they do not have a steel toe. They are soft toe work boots, but they offer protection from falling objects because of the reinforced toe area.
- The Condor work boot has a midsole that offers you support while working as they absorb shock.
- They have a fabric lining and an insole offering you maximum comfort.
5. EVER BOOTS Men’s Protector Electrical Hazard Work Boots
These Workboots have the highest standard of protection abilities, hence the name Protector.
- They meet the ASTM standards hence protecting electricians from electric hazards.
- These work boots have a thick rubber sole that offers you grip and insulation. If you accidentally step on loose wires, the shoes will provide you with an allowance to step away before the current can get to your feet.
- The rubber sole, the midsole can absorb shocks and ensure you are comfortable throughout the day.